I offer a variety of services, all tailored to a family’s needs. These include:
- Inform, empower, and educate parents/caregivers
- One-to-one consultation with parents/caregivers on the child’s current performance, review history, and discuss their vision for the future
- Review and examine records, evaluations, assessments, developmental history, current and past education IEPs, general education report cards, and progress reports
- Design the right action plan to best serve a child’s unique needs resulting from their disability
- Build a “home team” that supports the the unique needs of the child and is willing to work collaboratively with the school
- Represent parents’ concerns and visions at IEP team meetings
- Draft professional, persuasive, and fact-driven correspondence for school and other agencies
- Match the needs of the child to programs/type of placements
- Identify appropriate placements and visit with parents (if needed)
- Recommend appropriate services or testing protocols that will meet the child’s unique profile and provide evidence to support changes in the IEP
- Monitor progress and suggest IEP program modifications, as needed
- Conduct home visits, school observations, trainings, workshops, upon request, to parents and school teams
- Maintain meaningful and positive collaborations with outside providers and the school-based team and collaborate effectively to get your child what they need to succeed.
Rates range from $90-$125/hour. I take 2 pro-bono cases as a time. I offer reduced rates ($75/hr, rarely $50/hour) to families who can demonstrate financial need. I also offer payment plans, as needed. I believe advocacy should be affordable to all. Did you know DDS can and will per their regulations pay for advocacy?